sundaygirl





i was super excited to get the opportunity to interview JADE from SUNDAYGIRL! i loved her style in her video "four floors" and wanted to know more about her. she agreed to answer some questions...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it annoying to keep being be asked if the name SundayGirl was inspired
by the Blondie hit? I know it's not the inspiration, but it must be asked a lot.

The name Sunday Girl came from working in a local old fashioned pet shop
in my hometown, Broxbourne for a few years. I worked every Sunday but no
one really knew my name so I would just get referred to as the “Sunday girl.”


I know you're 21 and from the UK...How does your age and living in the UK
influence your music and style?

Two years ago I moved to Brixton to do an art degree in Wimbledon I think
that brought out a more independent creativity. I really experimented with
my writing and production musically as well as producing pieces for my set
design degree, which I found were closely linked.

In my teens I went a bit mad going through loads of style changes, as
everyone does I suppose but I think its great to experiment with fashion and
make and destroy clothes and really find what you like. I think my style now
is quite classic, tailored and masculine. I love dressing like a boy it’s a
contrast to my big girly hair.

Music influences my style too, I mean one minute I was in a ska band the next
a ukulele band doing old jazz covers.


Style Icons?
My main style icon is Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel. I love how she turned clothes
designed for men into something that women could wear too. I also take
influences from Jane Birkin, Daphne Guinness, Debbie Harry , Karl Lagerfeld
and Edie Sedgwick.


Favorite designers and/or places to shop?
H&M and Zara for the basics and my loft, my nans wardrobe a bit of car boot
sales and vintage shops for making it personal.


I noticed you wearing stripes in the video...are you as obsessed with stripes as I am?
Yes I am a bit obsessed with stripes but anything Parisian and sea related really.

Words to live by?
“get good at asking” + “if you don’t act on life it has a habit of acting on you”

Favorite City?
My favourite place has to be Hastings. My dad has a caravan there, which
I go to most weekends to write, draw and shop.


Beauty product you couldn't live without?
I'm bad with makeup I never buy my own, I steal everyone else’s but I think
I could live without my Clarins Bi-serum after a night out.


Do you read any fashion blogs? If so, which ones?
LOOKBOOK.nu and I admire Tavi Gevinsons blog, StyleRookie.

What's in your bag?
My Dad’s raybans , lyric book, a fork, tooth brush, ideas book, diary, camera,
devon floral sweets. My vintage Cartier wallet and some cds.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks jade!

xo

for more check out the SUNDAYGIRL's myspace.
so you all know there will be another single released soon.
the album should be available later this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment